Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My volvo S80 2002 has an electric problem. Last night at the

Customer Question

Hello, my volvo S80 2002 has an electric problem. Last night at the end of my shift the driver's window stopped working, then all the other stopped. I started my car again to leave and the alarm telling me there was a door open rang all the way home and I could not close te floor lights, a neighbor took the fuse out and in the morning the battery is dead, sadly I could not go to work. please help me. Diane
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The issues here can be caused by a fault with the CEM (central electronic control module/ecu).This can act up or fail internally and cause the window fault as well as door ajar issues and also continue to draw power with the key off and cause the battery to become drained.

What needs to be done is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model to check the fault codes.Once this is done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to help locate and repair the issue here and the scan tool is also used to monitor the CEM signals to help determine if it needs replaced.

You might try a battery re charge or jump start for now to drive it but this should be checked into and repaired as soon as possible.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete