Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Top started process of retracting, rear deck is up, top

Customer Question

top started process of retracting, rear deck is up, top started to retract and stopped after about 6", cannot find fuse or brraker that might be the issue. Thanx, Bill
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: yes, have identified both and referenced manual
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 04 c70
JA: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, checked for obstructions, made sure all conditions were right, ie: doors closed, engine running, pk. brake on etc.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this can be a fault with a failing micro switch needing replaced for this fault here.I have seen several faulty micro switches in the past cause this fault here needing replaced.The fault codes need checked/read out with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers.From there those codes are diagnosed and repaired.The scan tool is also used to monitor the micro switch signals to help locate the one at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete