Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

I removed the battery for my 98 s70 for several days to

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I removed the battery for my 98 s70 for several days to charge it. After hooking the battery back up the alrm goes off and I can't start the vehicle.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No, what order do I do that in
JA: Are you fixing your S70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The car is in storage, so I took out the battery to charge it, it runs well
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just how to reset the alarn so I can start it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Unhook the battery cable (neg. cable) for about 5 minutes, then, Make sure you have the keys in your pocket, hook the negative cable back up, then close the hood, all the doors, and put your key in the drivers door lock cylinder. Lock and unlock the drivers door 5 times, then attempt to start the vehicle. Unless there is a problem with the anti theft system, that should reset it. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.