Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 Volvo S40. Trying to replace the blower motor.

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Volvo S40. Trying to replace the blower motor. I believe I found it behind the dash in the middle covered by a black plastic cover and white plastic cover. How do I remove it from here? I removed 3 bolts. Thank you, Anthony
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm available now and noon. Thank you

There is a button that needs to be pressed then the blower motor turned to allow removing he blower and wheel from the housing, shown in the file below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/blower.pdf

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I remove it from the black and white plastic casing without breaking it? Thanks again,
Anthony
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I never got anything resolved with the first question. Why should I have to pay any additional fee? Thank you, Anthony

Did you follow the steps I sent about pressing the tab, turning the motor, then pulling the blower out?

Here are some better pictures, does that help?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/blowercount.pdf

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That helps. I'm thinking my son never removed all of the screws. I'm assuming once when all the screws are removed then the black casing/cover cones off. Do you know if it's a hard tug on the black cover or a slight tug. I don't want to crack the cover. Thank you..

A light tug, I have never broken one, they are pretty strong. So even a hard tug should not effect it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have it off now, but it's stuck between the dash and airbag area. Not sure how to proceed from here. Wife wants to put it back together and sell it at a discount. What do you think is the easiest way to remove it? Remove the entire dash or part of the airbag brackets that are in the way. Thank you..

Neither dash nor air bag should need to be removed. However I can provide whatever steps you would like to get it out. Do you want the air bag removal steps?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you could please.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris