Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I replaced the cam seals on a 2006 Volvo S60... at first

Customer Question

Hello I replaced the cam seals on a 2006 Volvo S60... at first foolishly I did not lock the cams I pulled the sprockets off replaced the seals and put the sprockets back on. The car would not run properly. I then used the locking tool and locked the cans in what I think is the correct position... then checked my timing marks and they were right on the money? Car starts and drives but is very sluggish and has a P0340 for the cam sensor
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just solved it! Needed to set the cam pulleys after the cam moved. Locked the cams zeroed out the pulleys and put them on their timing marks. All set. The cam pilluys were loosened without the cams being locked just needed to reset them. Threw me for a loop for a while but finally got down to the bottom of it. Didn't realize the pulleys needed to be all the way clockwise and then set to their timing marks.

Glad its resolved. Since you have already paid for help, do you have another concern I can help with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately I don't at this time. It was a desperation call the car drove me to that point but I solved it with a little help from all data!!

Well I am glad it resolved.