Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

2004 Volvo S80 and...multiple bulb failure headlights don't

Customer Question

2004 Volvo S80 and...multiple bulb failure headlights don't work, was hooked up to a diagnostic machine and got code A807...please ep
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: The fuses I can't get to the bulbs without taking off the bumper
JA: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yep. Fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with relay 2/62 in the central electronic control module.This relay can fail and will cause light failure like this here and goes along with the diagnosis for this fault code.Below is the location of this relay.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjhza6g9fh0u7nt/re-10-19.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when i checked the fuses in the engine compartment 17 and 18 were blown, I looked at a wiring digram and traced them back to the relay just don't know how to get the relay
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Are you saying you are not sure where you can purchase the relay?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's correct.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I apologize for the delay as i was out of town.

Have you checked with a dealer on getting this relay?Usually this is the best way to obtain this relay.If this was already attempted let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete