Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop...25yrs

How do I remove the right headlight assembly on a 2005 S60?

Customer Question

How do I remove the right headlight assembly on a 2005 S60? The lamp is not getting power and tracing the stainless braided harness back physically is impossible to see where it connects to the left headlamp so we though we'd take the whole assembly out, maybe both sides, but what has to come off of the front end to do this? Is there an easier way?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 days ago.

Hi. The only way to get the headlamp out is to remove the front bumper cover. Then the headlamp assembly can unbolt. There is no other way.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I would like information on how to remove the components necessary to remove the headlights.
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 7 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

the bumper cover must be removed..i will give you instructions

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help