sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

S80 Volvo,01 will turn over but won't start,I had a brake

Customer Question

S80 Volvo,01 will turn over but won't start,I had a brake booster put in and blower motor when done the guy drive Cr time it's smokedunder hood an a wire burnt andd check it a fuse melted ,then that's when the no starting began ,checked harness n replaced sum wires,checked fuses replaced sum ,checked starter ,seloinoid,n relay they're good,Now guy(mechanic said it seems like no gas getting into relay fuses for are fine so is pump!!!!!please any clue wat to do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the problem has been diagnosed as the fuel pump? If there is no fuel pressure yet the engine controller is awake and there are no fault code then the fuel pump power and ground feeds would be tested. If there is power and ground at the pump yet it does not run, or it runs but does not create enough pressure to start the engine, then the pump will need to be replaced.