Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I know there is a quick release when my Volvo S60 is stuck

Customer Question

I know there is a quick release when my Volvo S60 is stuck in park. I don't have a booklet. Can you tell me.?
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up? What confuses you?
Customer: Yes I have brake lights. Where is the hidden quick release button?
JA: What year is your S60?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will fix it myself if I can find out where you put your finger and push the quick release button.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: now right now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Unlike older Volvos that had a shift lock override button, the newer ones including yours do not. In order to get it out of park, you would need to remove the center console to access the shift interlock solenoid and manually pull the lever on it to allow shifting out of park

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Directions to remove the console are attached and diagram of location of shift solenoid is attached

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.