Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

I have a 2005 Volvo s40 that has no heat ,I have changed the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Volvo s40 that has no heat ,I have changed the thermostat. I have talked to a couple of mechanics that I know and they both told a couple things ,like flush the heater core. But I do not know how to disconnect the hose connectors.
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: yes I have put the thermostat in boiling water, the thermostat is new also. the engine comes up to operating temp.
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I'm doing the work myself, I was born in a mechanic family but none us know much about a Volvo.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't believe so.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  david craig replied 18 days ago.

Hi Im David. with the car warmed up to operating temp do both radiator hoses get hot?

checking in to see how its going

Expert:  david craig replied 16 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Mr. Craig, I have a death in the family, and I'm out of town. I will not be back home until Thursday, the Volvo is my daughters, so if we can get back together on Thursday that would be greatly appreciated. But if you will not be able to do that, I will understand. Thank you very much for your valuable time, if you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME! ***** *****

im sorry about your circumstance and i will keep this open until you are ready.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you so much, you don't know how much I appreciate what you are doing for me. You are a good man, helping a old man. Thanks so much. ***** *****

you're welcome sir