Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

2008 XC90. Washed the car yesterday and now both front and

Customer Question

2008 XC90. Washed the car yesterday and now both front and rear wipers won't stop. Speed controls work but cannot shut off. Light on front wiper button not lit so can't tell if on or off position.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: wipers stroking fine - even speed controls seem to respond. Just can't shut them off. Currently set to slow and the front wipe every 20-22 seconds. Also light on button on column attached to the steering column not lit so can't tell if on or off. Suspect relay. but not sure where fuses or relay located.
JA: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hopefully not a big problem so myself. Thought maybe water got in somewhere after washing so left overnight to dry out. This morning problem still present. At work now.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is great to be able to ask someone about this (I am searching the web). Is there a cost to proceed?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Volvo Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 22 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.