Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

I have a Volvo c70 and the it's saying steering wheel

Customer Question

I have a Volvo c70 and the it's saying steering wheel require services
JA: How has the car been driving lately?
Customer: Great until tonight
JA: What year is your C70?
Customer: 2008 c70
JA: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just that
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Matt replied 22 days ago.

to get this message then one of two components are likely to be the cause of the problem.

The key module or the power steering motor is at fault. fortunately the latter is rare

often the fault will go away if you remove the key, wiggle the steering wheel and then reinsert the key

another method is to fit the key halfway and then give it a sharp tap to push it fully home

as these models have had a few iterations of the ignition switch your's may need upgrading to the later type

Expert:  Matt replied 16 days ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you