Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

I have a 2004 V70 wagon that I have been having problems

Customer Question

Hi Andy, I have a 2004 V70 wagon that I have been having problems with. 50% of the time or more when I start it it will stumble and stall. Sometimes it starts ok. The times when it stumbles the rpm guage jumps. It acts as if the timing is off, etc. The Volvo computer gave me a RPM sensor code. I have replaced the RPM sensor, Cam sensor, Fuel pressure sensor. I am waiting for a tool to remove the ECM/ECU to check the connections. I have tried to check the wiring from the RPM sensor but down below it gets wound up with all the other wires and cables. Also, when I open my drivers or passenger door my speedo. tach and fuel guages jump a little and vibrate? I'm hoping it's my RPM sensor plug/wiring or connection to the ECM. It does seem to start better when I get in the car and turn the key to the second position and leave it for a couple seconds then crank it. Fuel issue? It still have the original fuel module on top of the tank. Thanks much. Scott
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 27 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.