Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

What is a reasonable approximate price for replacement of a

Customer Question

What is a reasonable approximate price for replacement of a leaking water pump and hose - parts and labor? My son is a college student, has a 1998 V70 and was told by a shop that it would run around $1600. Thank you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

for a 1998 V70 with a 2.4 engine a water pump is 3.5 hours labor X the shops labor rate and @ $ 200 for the pump with coolant should be @ $ 800 range would be fair

which hose needs to be changed ?

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here