sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a volov s40 and recently had it service and battery

Customer Question

I have a volov s40 and recently had it service and battery change now my radio requires a code but i dont know what the code is can you help me
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: yes the battery was disconnected i recently bought the car about 3 months ago i did not come with a manul
JA: What year is your S40?
Customer: its a 2003
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: so far i try 1234 and the radio just say Off so i decide to come online for a better solution if possible
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the vin# ***** ***** SORRY I MEANT YV1VS27553F968703
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

There are two things you can do. You can try to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.