Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I just had a mechanic tell me that I will need to replace my

Customer Question

I just had a mechanic tell me that I will need to replace my cooling engine fan and two fan modules in my volvo. He quoted me a price and I am not sure if is overpriced. I have a volvo s60 AWD.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: I have 160000 miles on the Car and I have an automatic transmission. I have already replaced my transmission due to missing transmission fluid. That happened when it had about 140000 miles on my car.
JA: What year is your S60?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not. It is currently at the mechanics. I had to jump the battery through AAA and that is when we saw that I had a drain on my battery that caused my car battery to die.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am trying to gauge if where my car is currently has correctly diagnosed my car. That they say that I have two modules attached to my fan. And that I am trying to see how much the repair might cost.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: okay
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Ok, the cooling fan with control module lists for $478 and 1.1 hours labor, about $110. Total parts and labor - about $588

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?