Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle

I have 13 volvo s60 and dealer ship said the integrated

Customer Question

I have 13 volvo s60 and dealer ship said the integrated audio module is bad if i get i used iam does it need to be programmed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Unfortunately you do need programming with a Volvo scanner because as described below ,the software in it and has a serial number that matches the car or it want work .The ICM check that info and compare it .

a Volvo scanner or equivalent can download the software if the y have access to the software from Volvo .

Downloading software and replacing the control module General Software can be downloaded to the integrated audio module (IAM). When software is ordered, the vehicle' software and hardware is compared to Volvo's central database. If they are compatible, the software is downloaded to the system. If the comparison between the car and Volvo's central database does not correspond, the database is updated with the vehicle's configuration. When this is complete, new software is downloaded. It is also possible to save the software on a USB-memory and update the software in Infotainment control module (ICM) via the USB-port. For vehicles equipped with infotainment system Performance or High Performance (5 inch screen) the USB-port is hidden behind a hatch on Infotainment control module (ICM). For vehicles equipped with infotainment system High Performance Multimedia or Premium Sound Multimedia (7 inch screen) the USB-port is located on Integrated Audio Module (IAM) Replacing the control module The integrated audio module (IAM) is mounted in the center console. Upon replacement, the control module is removed from the center console. After replacement of the integrated audio module (IAM), its unique serial number is ***** by the infotainment control module (ICM). If the serial number is ***** the integrated audio module (IAM) will not work. If the problem remains after software download, try switching the ignition off/on. Select the MOST network for a total download of software to the vehicle.

Overview 1. Integrated audio module (IAM). 2. Speaker. 3. AM/FM antenna. 4. Auxiliary input (AUX). 5. Microphone. 6. USB/iPod-connection

Integrated Audio Module (IAM) is installed in the centre console. The infotainment control module (ICM) display shows the current status of the integrated audio module (IAM). The Integrated Audio Module (IAM) has an integrated amplifier (Performance) with an output of 4x20 W. For versions that do not have an integrated amplifier, the Audio module (AUD) is used as an amplifier.

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician