Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Issues with both outside rear view mirrows. ;eft side mirrow

Customer Question

issues with both outside rear view mirrows. ;eft side mirrow glass is loose and vibrating hope it doew not fall out. how do i fix please.
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: then the right side light fails once in a while and sometimes the mirrow does not reset to operationg position after security keyfob is unlocked?? sorry missed your message...2009 S80 with 125k
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yes replaced last year...fob opens the car ok...just the mirrow does not always reset on right side.
JA: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have not fixed it. years ago I loved to work on cars but not anymore...I am a Vietnam combat veteran.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks just the two mirrow issues. I do appreciate the help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • Repeat concerns with the glass being loose are going to be caused by the clips holding the glass to the mirror worn out. I can tell you how to remove and install the glass but I bet it will return and mirror assembly replacement will be needed. Inside the mirror assembly are position sensors, if its not returning to where it should be then these sensors are failing.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris