Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

How much for help, 02 s60, yes, how much

Customer Question

how much for help
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 02 s60
JA: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can you tell me what concern you need help with and what you have done so far?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have swapped coil pack, plug, & fuel injector. I have the code p0303 thrown and have been going down trouble shooting list. I have determined from putting a screwdriver in the coil that I am getting a weak spark. Where should I be going from there? I have done some other looking around and am looking at the ignition control unit as a possible problem, but have not gotten any further.

Do you have a 2.3 or 2.4 engine?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Do you have a 2.3 or 2.4 engine?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2.4 turbo

At the coils are you getting no resistance to ground on the black wires?

Are you getting battery voltage on the green/white wires with the key on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got No resistance and bat voltage

Are all coils resulting in weak spark at the plugs when testing a coil and plug out but assembled and grounded?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
all cylinders are good except for three it throws a code P0303 that is the only one that has a weak spark I was able to see it spark only with a screwdriver rounding it

Check the spark with a spark plug or spark tester. You have already confirmed the power and ground are good and you swapped the coil. The signal to the coil to fire from the computer can not cause weak spark.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have already put a plug on it and I could not get a visible spark that is when I put the screwdriver on it and got it the ground against the motor I have swap coils with another cylinder same result this issue has been a year and a half making I have had a miss once in a blue moon for quite some time I have been waiting for the component to finally fell I could not find it earlier

Do you have a noid light or test light. It sounds like weak spark is not to blame, more so the signal to spark is not long enough for the spark to be intense enough.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a 12 V test light only where is the spark duration coming from

Each coil has a GN/WH and BK wire. There is one more wire to each. Clip your test light onto battery positive and probe this other wire one at a time at each coil. While running does the test light pulse?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It did not pulse

Do you get the same results from all the coils?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried one other cylinder and get the same result I did not get any sort of Pulse number three is the only one seems to be not firing correctly
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Could I use a analog multimeter to check for the pulse instead

I have always used a noid light. You can try the analog meter but I do not know if its will pick up the quick bleep either.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am getting the same voltage on all of my coils I am going to do a compression test to rule out that possibility

The test was for checking ground pulse, not for checking voltage.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my compression is good back to my original diagnosis

Time for a noid light to check the signals to the coils.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
On my way to O'Reillys to pick one up

Super

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The annoyed light did not tell me anything I checked two cylinders and got the same response. I hooked it up to different ways and I got the same response on each

So when testing all the coils and injectors while running each is pulsing identically the same?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
None are posting but they work

I do not know where to go from this point. I do not see how your getting no injector and coil signal pulse but the engine runs. Would you like me to opt out so you can get help from another.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Which cylinder firesthe same time is three
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I put the Noid on the common and on the ground and on the ground and the firing wire and got no response from the firing the light did not Pulse I I got a solid light from the ground in the common
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If you would like to call me you can(###) ###-####

There is a 26$ fee to you to convert to a call.

I will opt out so another can try and help.

Best of luck and thanks for letting me try.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks