Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

I just installed a new blower motor in my 2002 volvo s60. It

Customer Question

I just installed a new blower motor in my 2002 volvo s60. It blew for a few short seconds then shut off. What can it be?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 6 months ago.

Did you replace the blower resistor as well?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I did not I thought that might be it but wanted to make sure before I spent $130 on it
Expert:  Edward replied 6 months ago.

That is usually what it is if you replaced the blower motor and still have that issue, Do you have automatic climate control, and a display with numbers representing temperatures on it? or is it manual with just blue/red colors on the selector?

Expert:  Edward replied 6 months ago.

Also, check ebay on the resistor, they are fairly inexpensive there. Let me know if you need the wiring diagram. Two wires come from the climate control module and go to the resistor if you have have a volt meter you could check them. I'm 95% your going to need a blower resistor however, provided all your fuses are good.