Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

2009 Volvo s60 2.5T. Rattling sound front right. One place

Customer Question

2009 Volvo s60 2.5T. Rattling sound front right. One place says need both struts replaced due to broken strut mount. One place says I can just replace the strut mounts? Big price difference.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

It is true, you can just replace the mounts. Depending on the mileage you may want to consider replacing the struts at the same time because of the labor involved, but they are right, replacing just the strut mounts is an option as long as they aren't rusted to the old struts to bad.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

I wanted to mention as well that you should make sure they checked the sway bar links. These have to be checked with the weight of the car on them. If they are worn they can rattle a lot on small bumps and turns.