Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

My c70 2010 starts sporadically, we changed the battery in

Customer Question

my c70 2010 starts sporadically, we changed the battery in the key fob and it worked for a month now it has begun to work sporadically again? I am assuming the key battery is not charging because of a poor connection in the steering column? What do I need to do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The battery in the remote/key itself usually does not charge when in the ignition or vehicle.If the vehicle started and ran with a new battery in the remote for some time and has now acted up again what can happen though is the remote itself can short out internally and cause issues with draining the battery to where the remote/key itself would need replaced as an assembly to correct this fault here.

If you can try another new battery in the key fob and if it works then I suspect the issue is in the remote/key fob itself with it needing replaced to correct this issue here.If it does not work with another new battery it may have already failed internally due to the short with it needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete