sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2002 v70 cross country. I bought it used 4 years

Customer Question

I have a 2002 v70 cross country. I bought it used 4 years ago. Within the first two days it didn't start. It would click my lights would come on but would not fire up. It was far and few between back then that it did this. Now it happens everyday. I've had it in and checked. New sensors wiring. It worked for a short time. Now its back to doing it again. I live in Minnesota so when it's humid or snowing or raining it's worse. What do you think?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're hearing clicking from the engine compartment when attempting to start the engine it could be a few things. It's going to take some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to determine exactly what is happening.

If the problem is intermittent then the battery shouldn't be a concern, but a rapid clicking that happens the whole time the key is turned to the crank position is usually caused by a low battery.

If it's a single click you're hearing it could be a cable or connection issue but is more likely to be the starter itself.