david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive

My 2002 Volvo c70 AWD wagon 5 cyc. stopped. Before this

Customer Question

My 2002 Volvo c70 AWD wagon 5 cyc. stopped. Before this happened, one week before it blew steam could out of the exhaust. I drove it to Albany (50) km and noticed a strange oily smell, and the heater stopped working. I pulled over after noticing a clicking type noises. The car refused to startafter this. Is this something to do with the heater , turbo or worse?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. cloud of smoke, oily smell and clicking... first thing that needs to be done is a compression test to see if the engine is still healthy.

checking in to see how its going

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you David Craig I have had this car taken to the local garage to be fixed. I hope this does not cost me anymore money to thank you
Shirley Fazey

you are welcome. it doesnt cost more hon. please leave me a 5 star rating and accept the answer if you were satisfied with my assistance. thank you and have a good eveving