sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2001 volvo v70 Cross country. The Radiator hfan

Customer Question

I have a 2001 volvo v70 Cross country. The Radiator hfan does not come on with the a/c clutch. The a/c works on the hwy but only works for a short time around town. The radiator fan does come on when the engine temp calls for it but it never goes on high speed. the car has not over heated. The A/c turns off a little over 200 and won't turn on until it reaches 185.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several possible causes for the cooling fan not coming on. It could be a fan or fan control system issue or it may not actually be requesting the fan for a/c because it doesn't see high side pressure climb high enough to require it.

Have you checked for power and ground at the fan motor with the a/c on?
Do you have a scan tool to monitor data?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As I stated before the fan does come on and operate it does not work on high speed or with the a/c compressor.

Yes, I was able to see the previous post.

What was the result of testing for power and ground at the fan motor with the a/c on?