sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My pusrod to lock/unlock my right front door disconnected

Customer Question

My pusrod to lock/unlock my right front door disconnected from the actuator in the process of correcting a switch problem. How does one connect it, the rod goes into the rubber grommet but doesn't connect
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: XC60 2015
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hope to fix it myself, I was present when a mechanic replaced the window switch, but the pushrod was left loose in the grammet and is inactive. Do I need to open up the actuator box Or can I wriggle it back into place? My nearest dealer is 350 miles away.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, he is too far away, maybe I need to phone him if you are not able to help?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the lock rod has come off at the door latch inside the door? If that's the case then the door panel is going to need to be removed to be able to access the latch itself. The rod shoudl not have simply come off, if it came off then there may be damage where the rod connects to the latch. Either way, the first step is going to be to disassemble the door enough to gain access to the latch itself to inspect where the rod attaches and then reattach it if no problems are seen.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would you have access to a diagram showing how the push rod actually is joined to the actuator and could you forwars that diagram? It would be a big help before I start working on it. Thank you much! Cas Paluck

I'm unable to post material directly from the service information due to copyright, however there isn't a picture of the door latch or linkage anyway. A basic parts diagram can be found here.