Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

I cannot lock my volvo xc90 when i exit the vehicle with the

Customer Question

i cannot lock my volvo xc90 when i exit the vehicle with the power lock botton
i can only lock it from outside when the door is closed
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models this is the way they are made to where the door has to be closed before it will lock.Being a 2016 model my info is limited since it is so new but I know some models are built to be this way.You might be able to get this changed with a dealer reprogramming a control unit in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete