Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Got a similar problem with my 2008 xc90 v8. After charging

Customer Question

Got a similar problem with my 2008 xc90 v8. After charging the front suspension Mechanic noticed that all of a sudden the steering become hard.
He flashed the whole power steering fluid either original Volvo one. Still no Lucky. He advised replacing the power steering pump which I did after spending $500=.
Still the problem is there, "Hard Steering". Now he had run out of ideas.
Vehicle had no any electrical connection on the steering rack
Pls help. Help.
Hachie
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 months ago.

pump is not bad most time either your have bad power steering rack or there is switch for vacuum only if your steering has wires and I think on v8 what you have you do have wires on rack and you have dstc button on dash that would indicate than either no power supply to load solenoid on rack or wiring switch control

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's night now. I will check in morning. But I think there is no electrical connection to the rack.I think the dstc button is there.
Expert:  Enes replied 3 months ago.

if you have dstc you have wires there all way on top and will help get better turning if the shop don't know only way is to go Volvo dealer to test wires

Expert:  Enes replied 3 months ago.

but problem is most time in wires or switch control for steering rack

Expert:  Enes replied 3 months ago.

if you can rate the answer positive you can still talk to me just makes it easier to reply faster back to you thanks

Expert:  Enes replied 3 months ago.

also when you car is off key out you pump brakes they get very hard now you turn key not start the car do your brakes sink feel software or stay same hard like rock ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
unfortunately the car does not have dtsc.