I had to replace an alternator on my 1997 Volvo 850. The

Customer Question

I had to replace an alternator on my 1997 Volvo 850. The alternator was off a 95 Volvo but was 100 amps and hooked up fine. When I got everything buttoned up my environment control panel was out. No heater fan ,no AC etc. the car was jumped a few times prior to the alternator being replaced. All fuses are checked and good . What next a new control panel. Or should I try replacing some of the plug in resistors under the passenger side dash. Will I need a dealership to get it right
Category: Volvo
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Even though the fuses were checked, I would go back and double or even triple check them. A lot of times they blow when jumping the battery so this would be the most likley cause. If all of the fuses do in fact check out good, then you will need to check for power and ground going into the back of the control panel before replacing it. This will ensure there is no wiring issue preventing it from working. Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions!