Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I drove my 2008 Volvo s60 to the store and home one day last

Customer Question

I drove my 2008 Volvo s60 to the store and home one day last week. The next day when I went to drive it, the key fob wouldn't work. I thought maybe the battery was dead in the fob. I got in to start the car and it has absolutely no power. What would cause this?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • It is very possible its a simple dirty battery connections or weak battery. Have those things been checked?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I didn't find your note about the battery informational at all, kind of a no brainer. I mean really, if you have absolutely no power including in your key fob, you can't even open the trunk to look at the battery. It would seem more realistic to know if one of the 3 fuse boxes specifically controls the power and if there is one fuse in particular that would make everything not work.
This vehicle has 55k original miles so it is prestine.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a volt meter to check the fuses. Do any of the high amp fuses have battery voltage 12.6 volts?