Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, shop owner, 30+ years all makes and models
2947720

I have a 2004 volvo s80 2.9l non turbo. I keep getting the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 volvo s80 2.9l non turbo. I keep getting the code p0105 which is the map/baro code. I cant find a map or baro sensor anywhere on this vehicle.
The car runs great at idle but when the gas is hit is falls on its face and has no power.
Has both upper cat convertrrs are new.
All 6 spark plugs are new
3 new coils.
Cleaned mass air flow and throttlebody.
So im wondering what can be causeing these issues. Could it be the sensor bad and if so where is it at.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The P0105 code is a manufacturer's code ECM-1000

Condition
Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) ECM-1000 is stored (signal too high / signal too low) if the signal from the atmospheric pressure sensor (internally in the control module) is outside its normal signal range. The fault is diagnosed by the control module when the ignition is on / the engine is running.
Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) ECM-1000 (faulty signal) is stored if the signal from the atmospheric pressure sensor is within its normal range but deviates from the calculated atmospheric pressure. The fault is diagnosed by the control module when the engine is running.

Substitute value

• The control module assumes an air pressure value of 1013 hPa (air pressure at sea level).

Possible source

Signal too high:

• Defective control module.

Signal too low:

• Defective control module.

Faulty signal:

• Contact resistance in the terminals
  • Air leakage in the intake system
  • Defective control module.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this cars baro sensor is located in the ecu.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You say contact at the terminals could be bad. What terminals.
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Normally we get paid for the original answer(s) before any follow ups, but yes that is in the ECU and the contacts are at the ECU, thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Really. You get paid for an answer. Thats not good customer service. I never got an answer. Describing where the code comes from is not an answer. I have a scan tool i can read the code. j have read all you wrote online already. You didnt tell me anything i didnt already know. I mean wow im not paying for a generic answer. I figured from what i read of stories online about this site i would get a better response. You didnt help at all. Then to say you want money before the problem is solved. Very bad customer service.
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

No. I simply explained that the baro sensor is internal of the ECU and that the ECU needs to be replaced. It is not a free site though, if that's what you mean.

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I didnt know this site worked like that. A quick generic answer and that was it. I thought it was a lengthy process to help diag a vehicle. I mean u didnt tell me anything i didnt know. And i know it aint free. But to pay for an answer i already knew.. that aint happening. And you ask me to pay you more money. Yeah im sorry im not satisfied with anything that has been said.
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Let me send it for a refund, thanks and good luck