Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

We were on vacation and when we returned my battery was dead

Customer Question

We were on vacation and when we returned my battery was dead on my 2010 Vovlo XC60. We jump started the vehicle, but then I got a "Reduced Engine Performance" warning. The warning then went off and the vehicle appeared to be fine. Suddenly, as I left the parking garage, there was no acceleration. I managed to get to off the highway and to a parking lot to wait for a tow truck. While waiting I left the car running to charge the low battery. I needed to pull up in the parking space slightly so I put the vehicle in "Drive" and upon returning it to "Park" the vehicle sputtered several times and acted as though it was going to die. It was towed to a transmission shop where they say the transmission is fine. Any thoughts or suggestions?
JA: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: The battery is not quite 3 years old? I'm don
JA: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 't know if it has been tested with a voltmeter or not.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No we have it at a repair facility but they have yet to determine the cause of the issue. I can't think of anything else. We have replaced the battery a couple of times since we purchased the vehicle new but have had not other issues until now.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  eauto replied 3 months ago.

did the scan the ecm with a scan tool?