Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

The rear hatch will not lock, its a 2003 xc90, i have done

Customer Question

the rear hatch will not lock
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: its a 2003 xc90
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have done basic troubleshooting.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: last week the entire dashboard went dead i had to remove the battery terminal and was abe to reset the dashboard back to its original state, however the gas gauge does not work
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: the battery is good
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So commonly the lock actuator quits working. You can pull the door panel off and get access to it and check that it has power and ground when you hit the lock button. 99.9% of the time the actuator is bad.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny