Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1

Is there a gaskt o o ring on the oil cooler on the sump

Customer Question

is there a gaskt o o ring on the oil cooler on the sump motor is b5244t3
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: 2.4ltr turbo engine number b5244t3
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2001 xc70 cross country
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: going to fix myself have slight oil leek be hind it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Yes, there are o ring seals for the engine oil cooler.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,

Expert:  Andy replied 2 months ago.

The file is not large at all. Adding your email will cost you additional money. That is totally unnecessary, since you have already paid for an answer.

As you can see, the oil cooler is simply held in place with four screws. Remove those four screws will allow you to pull the cooler off to replace the o-rings. The part number is ***** and you will need two.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please select a rating for my service. Note that two experts are involved, one of which wanted to charge you extra to email the info instead. Please rate accordingly. Thank you.