Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

Volvo v70 2005. had to have vehicle towed after 2 flat tires

Customer Question

volvo v70 2005. had to have vehicle towed after 2 flat tires on freeway, after tires installed got car back drivable, but no power windows function front. no functions from drivers door control panel or passenger panel. also manually operating window lock does not activate solenoid (no click). rears ok. ambient temp display "--". climate system fan does not operate, drivers seat controls do not operate. drivers window stuck in down. sun roof is operational. mirrors no function, passenger side switches non functional. all were working before this.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Vida gives CCM-00A1 blower sig missing, CEM-1A53 DDM signal missing CEM-1A53 PDM signal missing. Hard to believe all 3 modules went bad at the same instant (when towed for 10 mins). All were working correctly immed before tow. Also why driver seat and ambient air temp non functional (no codes for those)? Tow was on flat bed, driver hooked cable under passenger side of engine only.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent checked for any blown fuses this needs done to see if any fuses need replaced.If this is checked and found to be o.k. I would check in the area where the tow truck was pulling or hooked up to your model for any damaged wiring or connections as this can cause this issue here.If these are or were checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I should have mentioned that I'd checked the usual fuses under hood and side of dash. Fuses good but no 12v at fuse sockets.. So, after checking the wiring diagram, found a listing for the "cargo area" fuse panel next to battery,
location 11E in fuse list. part num for this fuse panel is(###) ###-####
Now this is NOT the fuse panel in the side panel of the cargo area, its under the floor next to the battery.
In fact you have to remove the battery to even see it. This fuse panel has mostly 50 amp fuses that are bolted
in place. Part # is(###) ###-####for the 50 amp fuse.
In this case I checked fuse 11E/6 which is 50amp and supplies power to fuse panel 11C/ fuses 1 through 6 (bingo - all the circuits not functioning).
It was open circuit but visually looked good. Replaced this fuse and all came back to life, problem thankfully solved.
Now I could not find anything on the web that even discusses problems with the 11E fuse panel (or checking these fuses).
so perhaps this info is useful.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

That is great to hear it has been resolved.It is odd to see that fuse shorted out as well.Unless some how a voltage circuit shorted when the flat tires occurred or the tow had occurred but glad to see it is back on the road.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete