Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have a 2001 Volvo TwinTurbo and it won't come out of limp

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Volvo TwinTurbo and it won't come out of limp mode how do I do that
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually the vehicle will go into a limp mode when a component is found to be at fault on the transmission or engine and the computer has detected this fault putting the vehicle into a limp mode.In order to correct this the fault codes need read out of all computers for this issue here and the codes diagnosed and repaired from there.Then the codes cleared out and clearing out the codes with a compatible scan tool will take it out of limp mode.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete