Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1

My speedo,eter,odometer,gas gauge,temp gauge & turn signal

Customer Question

My speedo,eter,odometer,gas gauge,temp gauge & turn signal indicators have all gone out. Is there a fuse , relay, or is it a cluster problem?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 195,000---Starts normally and all outside lights work
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2003 s60 awd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive looked for fuses not sure which is for cluster?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. This is most commonly caused by a failed cluster. It is a very common problem on that model. The fuse for it is number 24 on the side of the driver's side of the dash. However, this fuse is also for the climate control, so if that is working, the fuse is fine. You would need to pull the cluster to check power on the violet and white wire (pin 1) and ground on the brown wire (pin 14). If power and ground are present, you need a new cluster. A new one runs about $1500. But you can send yours out to be repaired for much less. Check out for information on that.

Please select a rating at the top of your screen for my service. Rating does not close the question, you can always reply at any time. It simply allows a portion of the payment to be shared with me for my time. Thank you!

Expert:  Andy replied 2 months ago.

Did you have any other questions? I see you have viewed the information but not selected a rating or indicated a need for further assistance. Let me know. Thanks.