Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I was able to jumper out pin 4&10, and have now got the

Customer Question

Hi, I was able to jumper out pin 4&10, and have now got the shade to go in and out, but the sunroof will not open or close, sounds like I have power, when I hit the switch there is a sound, like its activating, now what????
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed and repaired.

I suspect an issue with a sun roof position or run shade position switch needing replaced as this can cause this fault here or possibly a fault with the sun roof track assembly as this can cause issues similar to this as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete, the sun roof is stuck in the open position, is any way to manually close it so I can get in to a dealer, you know it's going to rain, and we are about 150 miles away from one? Just my luck!!!Dave
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Still, waiting on a response from you, wether I can close it manually or jumper out a wire to operate motor to close it??
Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Have you tried to manually pull on it to close it while operating the switch to see if it closes then at all?

Are you hearing any grinding or crunching noises when trying to operate it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That did not work, is there not a way to operate it manually ???? Or jumper out to run the motor
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not know of a way myself to operate this manually.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete