Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

It won't start. Doesn't recognize either key fob. Not yet.

Customer Question

It won't start. Doesn't recognize either key fob.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Not yet. Was doing research and have found all kinds of people having the same issue...
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2013 XC60
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was just hoping to troubleshoot before calling Volvo. This happened a week ago, but after a lot of trying, it started and drove from Virginia to Long Island, NY with no problems. Now, we're back to the same deal, although this time the key fob won't even lock or unlock doors... Haven't tried anything as it just happened again.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It seems like people have said the problem could be with wires under the fuse box? Or software not being updated...however, we have only had our car serviced at Volvo, and they have done software updates in the past. When we were on the road to NY, we had a mechanic check the car battery, and it was fine.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like your response to the issue.

My recommendation is to try new batteries in your key fobs, then have them reprogrammed to the vehicle. This would be my first step prior to looking into wiring issues or a concern with modules (central electronics module).

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We already did that and checked the car battery as well.

I will opt out and let another see if there are more steps you can do DIY.