Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a Volvo 2002 c70, car has been driving fine everyday

Customer Question

i have a Volvo 2002 c70, car has been driving fine everyday for months had code for small Evap leak but everything else was fine. One day out of nowhere the abs, traction control, and brake light all came on. And stayed on. The next day the Ac blew a line, and stopped working. The lights come on a few minutes after car is started. A few days later I noticed a sulfur smell coming from the battery so I replaced it. It was overheating and had a fowl smell. And that day the car hesitated to stop. I replaced the battery in the advanced auto parking lot. Immediately the abs lights came on and when i drove away the abs seems to be locking. It's very jerky and isn't really drivable. I have no idea how changing the battery could have escalated whatever issue I have ! If someone can please give me some help that be great
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok great thanks

Step one will be getting it scanned to see which ABS codes are stored. No diag can be done until these codes are known and no repairs should be attempted since they would just be guessing. Is there any way you can get it scanned and report back on the findings?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris