Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop...25yrs

Changing the alternator out on a Volvo xc90 V8 and are at

Customer Question

Changing the alternator out on a Volvo xc90 V8 and are at the point where the alternator is removed from engine but cant get it out of the engine carpet through the passenger tire area
JA: Have you ever changed a tire on this vehicle?
Customer: Yes
JA: What year is your XC90?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I sure am. I have the car disassembled and the alternator disconnected just trying to get it out through the space. Passenger axel has been removed.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not really
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
compartment not carpet
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help