Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

A 2003 volvo xc90 2.9 turbo came in for air filter gas

Customer Question

a 2003 volvo xc90 2.9 turbo came in for air filter gas filter an oil change changed these an now the car runs like shit codes on scanner were 301 302 303 so i changed the plugs since then im still getting a 301 an a poo40 swapped o2 sensors they have not been swapped so what is the problem i even went back an changed the number 1 coil
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i would like the answer to my question

What codes now remain?

Is the misfire felt while running?

Was it running flawless prior to you servicing it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
poo40 po301 an the exhaust is very rich yes the misfire can be heard an felt
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it came in running good did not drive before though
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it also take a long time to start longer after it sits without running for any lenth of time

Possible causes for 0040 are going to be O2 sensors removed an installed in the wrong place or bad O2 sensors or incorrect model sensors.

Can you check the compression on cylinder 1 is low and see if the fuel injector is sticking open or being commanded open?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris