Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have 2004 v70. Continuous drip of coolant when car is shut

Customer Question

I have 2004 v70. Continuous drip of coolant when car is shut off. ?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had anything checked,or replaced to try and locate or repair this leak issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Never mind having it towed. I can't afford to pay 24 every time u answer my questions
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Once again I do apologize for the delay.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

I can say however that this may be the engine water pump,radiator or a coolant hose leaking as these are most common for this fault here.What will have to be done is to have the coolant system pressure tested with a coolant system pressure tester to help pinpoint the source of the leak and once this is done the leak can be repaired from there to correct this issue.Any shop can do this for a fee but a local parts store may test this for free if it is driveable.

I suspect one of these components is the cause for the leak needing repaired/replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete