Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We replaced the throttle body and now the car wont start,

Customer Question

Hi, we replaced the throttle body and now the car wont start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: They look good
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2000 s70
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd like too. Money is tight. And we just basically sat and wondered hahah
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was running beforehand. A friend came to help and installed the previous throttle body rotated 180. I dont know if that has an bad effect or not. We hsve s different throttle body now. Alao, the gasket on the old body was metal. We went to oreillys and they sold us one that looks like its made from paper
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

With the key on, press the throttle, does the throttle body blade respond? If not this can be a concern with the throttle pedal sensors, computer, or the throttle body and its wiring. If the throttle does respond, try starting it with throttle applied, does that help?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.