Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.

My 2012 volvo s60 is reading "tire pressure system service

Customer Question

Hello, my 2012 volvo s60 is reading "tire pressure system service required" my tires are perfect pressure so how do I get rid of this message? Thank you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. The problem is going to be one of the tire pressure sensors, The valve stems where you put air in the tires have a sensor in them and in internal battery. When the battery goes dead, you get this TPMS message on the instrument cluster. I usually tell customers that if the tires are marginal, or they are going to have to get tires soon, to just wait until you are going to replace the tires as the sensor is in the wheel/tire assembly and to replace it, you have to remove the tire from the wheel, the sensors are 20$ or so on ebay, (more at the dealer of course) there is also a scan tool used at tire stores to test the signal from the valve stem pressure sensor. I would recommend replacing them all, because if one battery is out in one of them, the others are likely not far behind. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Hello Matt, did you see my last response on the other question?