Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech

2008 s 60. drivers window was going up and down. Then left

Customer Question

2008 s 60. drivers window was going up and down. Then left side of window was going down at angle. I opened up found blue clip broken. replaced both clips. window went up and down ok. Then today started going down and then back up and I heard a thud and now window is back like it was before I replaced glide clips
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '08 Volvo?
Customer: S60
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Is there programming that needs to be done on the window beside replacing blue clips
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello Ralph, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. There is a rest procedure that needs to be done anytime there is work done on the window. Start first with making sure the new clip did not break again and if that checks okay then try the reset procedure in the link below.