Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

Volvo has code 950c i need to fix it, thank you, yes! 2007

Customer Question

hello pearl, volvo has code 950c i need to fix it, thank you
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: yes!
JA: What year is your C?
Customer: 2007 s40
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: iwent to transmission shop to have a services they said it replace the transmission
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: car's transmission have hard 1-2 shift when hot plus a code 950c
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Code 950c indicates a fault with the accelerator pedal position sensor.Usually it is the pedal sensor itself that needs replaced and comes complete with a new pedal assembly.This will cause transmission shifting and operation issues if this sensor is not working properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete