Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have check engine lite on in my 2000 Volvo S70. When I

Customer Question

I have check engine lite on in my 2000 Volvo S70. When I check code I get a P0453 code.
I understand that this code is for the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor. Is that correct and where is the FTP sensor located?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code will set when a fault is detected with the fuel tank pressure sensor.The cost can run around $100 in some cases and 2.3 hours labor to have replaced.It is located on top of the fuel tank (as the shaded part in the diagram below) and the fuel tank needs lowered out to replace it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qeqrh3ex4bn0v2k/fp-07-31.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tank is accessible thru two panels in trunk on this model. Are you sure that the FTP sensor is located at the tank
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

According to the info I show on this model to replace the FTP sensor it says to remove the fuel tank unfortunately and 2.3 hours labor to replace the sensor.The tank may be accessed from the trunk as I did see as well but the tank has to be lowered in order to replace teh FTP sensor.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete