Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

2014 s80 with 60k kilometers, emissions warning lamp has lip

Customer Question

2014 s80 with 60k kilometers, emissions warning lamp has lip up and not extinguished. What's the problem and what's the fix
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing tried do far, only bought vrhiclec2 weeks ago, from a main dealer
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's it.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This light coming on indicates that a fault has been detected with the air intake or fuel system or exhaust components in some cases on your model here.What has to be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set in any of the computers.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.There are several components from vacuum leaks to mass air flow sensor at fault that can cause this here and this is why the codes do need checked then diagnosed and repaired.

Being a 2014 model this may still be covered under factory warranty at a dealer at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete