Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2001 volvo s60. The electric fan will not shut off

Customer Question

I have a 2001 volvo s60. The electric fan will not shut off and drains the battery. Is there a relay or something that is stuck and keeps the fan on?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello Christopher , my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Volvo has a recall on the cooling fan control module that I have enclosed in the link below . A cooling fan with a black cover over the cooling fan control module means it is due for the recall. This applies to 99-01 year vehicles. have a look and see if your has not been done and if not see your dealer and this should be covered for you. If the recall has already been performed then post back and I will help you with this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/cooling%20fan%20wiring%20JUl%2027.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked my VIN number on the Volvo recall website and there are no open recalls associated with my car.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Well Im showing there is a recall. See it in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/recall%20Jul%2027.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I typed my VIN number in on the Volvo recall website and it said there are no recalls associated with my car. The previous owners must have already had the recall issue repaired. Is there another answer to what can be causing the electric cooling fan to be on continuously?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Okay, I would check with the dealer if it was me and not the web site but thats your call. I have nothing else to offer. I can open the post back up for you if you would like.